The COVID 19 situation is rapidly escalating. In response to the PEI’s Chief Health Officer’s most recent recommendation that Islanders “Reconsider attending social gatherings where a 2-meter distance is not possible, especially if the elderly or immune-compromised people are present”, the Murray Harbour Council has decided to close the Community Centre to all activities, effective Sunday, March 15, for at least two weeks. The situation will be reassessed at that time.
COVID 19 presents an unfamiliar challenge for all communities. Council has opted to act on the side of caution for the health and safety of Murray Harbour and area residents. Please visit the Village website at www.murrayharbour.ca for updates on previously scheduled meetings and activities; more information will be provided as details become available.
Residents are also encouraged to continue to practice routine prevention measures, including:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue;
- If ill with acute respiratory symptoms, stay home if possible;
- Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Don’t share items like drinking glasses and water bottles; and
- Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs and countertops.
Thank you for your understanding.